The UK Operational Marketing Assistant will be responsible for increasing awareness of the Haute Route event series and driving entries to all events through a mix of targeted on-the-ground marketing actions. He/she will work on all aspects of operational marketing activities in the UK (with a primary focus on London).
Launched in 2011, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Pyrenees, Alps, Dolomites, Rockies, Norway, Alpe d’Huez and Ventoux). The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years. See www.hauteroute.org
The objectives of this role are to:
- Represent the Haute Route brand in the local cycling community
- Recruit new participants to the Haute Route events
- Generate awareness, interest, desire and action in targeted customer groups
- Identify key marketing actions in London, and the UK, ensuring that the right audience is targeted with the right message
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Identify, approach and effectively communicate with multiple external stakeholders such as:
Support the Ambassador Programme locally by:
Organise the event marketing logistics and operations of events (rides / promotional events / gala dinners / course launches etc.).
- Cycling Clubs
- Bike Shops
- Gyms and Indoor Training Centres
- Cycling and running friendly hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Physiotherapists and Masseurs
- Groups (companies, confederations, etc.)
- Local race organisers
- Other targets / influencers to be defined, with a view to increasing entries to the Haute Route events
- Diffusing marketing content to local ambassadors and ensuring they circulate it effectively
- Supporting ambassadors in organising, promoting, and attending events such as group rides, information evenings, networking events, etc.
- Coordinating ambassador attendance at promotional events in the UK
Attendance at trade shows / cycling focused events.
Office hours are generally 9am – 5.30pm, but you may be required to work extra hours during busy periods and on events.
- Must be either a UK or EU national
- Energetic go-getter ready to chat and engage with passionate cyclists
- Any operational marketing experience a plus
- Cycling industry knowledge a plus
- Fluent English (French or another European language a plus)
- Driving license
How to apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
- FULL-TIME, TEMPORARY
- BASED IN OUR LONDON OFFICE
- FREQUENT EUROPEAN TRAVEL
- UK OR EU NATIONAL
- DRIVING LICENCE ESSENTIAL
- FLUENT ENGLISH