Conceived in 2010 the Haute Route offers amateur cyclists the opportunity to participate in the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world. The Haute Route Alps started in 2011, with the Haute Route Pyrenees event held for the first time in 2013. Added in 2011, the Haute Route Dolomites Swiss Alps formed the ‘Triple Crown’ for amateurs, a chance to ride across all three famous mountain ranges. In 2017, the Haute Route Cycling Series expanded to a new continent with the first edition of the Mavic Haute Route Rockies, from Boulder to Colorado Springs. The Haute Route has an ambitious development plan for the North American market. In addition to holding its annual seven-day event in Colorado each June, the Haute Route expect to add between two to three, three-day events per year between 2018 and 2020 as well as expanding in the one-day market. The Haute Route attracts a mix of amateur riders, semi-pros and sporting stars from across the globe.
The Sponsorship & Commercial Manager will be responsible for recruiting sponsors and managing sponsors relationships with a view of maximizing the commercial development of the Haute Route properties in North America. The candidate shall have extensive experience in all sponsor-related area in the context of an entrepreneurial and fast-growing organisation.
The role includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
• Responsible for sponsorship revenue generation and budget accountability
• Leads generation by actively prospecting for new clients (sponsors, exhibitors, corporate packages, etc.) both endemic and non-endemic
• Conduct media and market research to support commercial activity
• Create bespoke and exciting sponsorship proposals
• Day-to-day assistance in administrative tasks (tracking sponsors activity, invoicing, meeting notes, database management, etc.)
Sponsor Relationship Management:
• Manage the day-to-day relationships with sponsors to ensure all deliverables are well planned, executed and generate great added value for the sponsors
• Support the execution of sponsors’ communication campaigns (content, media materials, cross-communication opportunities, etc.)
• Develop strategic, innovative, state-of-the-art and measurable activation plans for sponsors
• Support the delivery of sponsors’ activities at events
• Research/monitor sponsorship best practices and be a champion for this
• Work closely with the Sponsorship & Commercial team in Europe to ensure communication and understanding with all Global Partners are managed appropriately.
We are looking for a Sponsorship & Commercial Manager who has extensive skillsets, including:
• US national or residency with appropriate work visa
• English speaking native, additional languages would be an asset (particularly French, German, Italian, or Spanish)
• Minimum of three years’ experience in sponsorship sales, account management, communications, marketing or business development within sponsored company, an agency, sponsor or rights holder
• Ability and willingness to prospect new clients, create business opportunities and close deals
• Ability to prepare in a record time business proposals or documents (quotations, contracts, order forms, etc.
• Excellent communication skills: ability to lead projects, motivate stakeholders and build sustainable relationships with sponsors
• Key skills: creativity, curiosity, precision, pro-activity, can-do attitude all wrapped into positive energy
• Strong reporting skills i.e. performance analysis, budget management and review of communication campaigns
• Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage time effectively
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of design software (Adobe suite) as well as CRM software would be beneficial
• Passion for cycling