Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
Today, the FEI has 134 members of National Federations and there are over 3,700 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 90,000 riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 85 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
Purpose of the Role
Based in Lausanne, Switzerland and reporting to the FEI Commercial Director, the FEI Senior Manager Broadcast and Media Rights defines, leads and oversees the broadcast production and media rights distribution around FEI events and FEI broadcast assets.
The position drives and ensures the continued growth of the sales and distribution of the FEI media rights on a global basis, manages accurate contract delivery and the further activation of the FEI content archive.
• In close coordination with Organizing Committee, define the requirements and processes for host broadcast production for FEI events and oversee consistent and timely implementation;
• Oversee the further development and constant optimization of the FEI broadcast product portfolio;
• Manage the development of broadcast graphics and on-screen applications (in line with applicable international and/or domestic legislations);
• In close coordination with the FEI production partner, develop standards and apply best practises to increase the broadcast production quality for both live and post production, including the constant update of related manuals.
Media rights distribution
• Develop FEI’s media rights distribution strategy and constantly benchmark against industry developments;
• Grow global distribution of FEI media rights by extending existing deals and the acquisition of new clients through direct sales and the management of the FEI appointed sales and distribution agency;
• Provide adequate client servicing and ensure the fulfilment of minimum broadcast guarantees by FEI broadcast partners;
• Develop and keep up to date relevant sales materials such as e.g. the FEI Broadcast Catalogue and manage attendance at conferences such as e.g. Sportel;
• Ensure adequate monitoring of FEI related coverage and oversee the reporting to relevant internal and external stakeholders;
• Manage and further develop the implementation and the licensing of the FEI content archive through a third party service provider.
• Bachelor’s degree in media, marketing or communication
• A proven track record in international media rights sales for sports or entertainment and excellent skills in contract negotiation
• Understanding of the distribution technologies, host broadcast and broadcast production for sports events. Experience in the equestrian media rights and broadcast production for equestrian events considered an advantage
• Working knowledge of archiving systems, archive rights licensing and rights management
• Thorough understanding of the global media landscape , including fundamental legal aspects related to sports rights
• Strong attitude towards high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking
• Fluency in English, any other language is an asset
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, please send your complete application below