The Participants’ Relations Coordinator will support the Marketing & Sales Entry Director in planning and delivering a top-level client experience pre-event, on-site and post-event. This position holds a fair degree of responsibility and you will be expected to carry out the work requested efficiently, reporting to the Marketing & Sales Entry Director, and as required act proactively!
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor events ranging from running, cycling and triathlons, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running. The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from bases in Switzerland, France, Singapore, and the UK, OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights holder, it manages competitive teams and athletes and provides consultancy to global brands, host venues and other event organisers. Every year, OC Sport’s international team organises 100+ days of competition, across 20+ events on 4 continents.
The Participants Coordinator will work across the following events:
- Cycling for Children by Unicef
- Haute Route events
- Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef
- La Tour Geneva Triathlon
- 20km de Genève by Genève Aéroport
- All other confirmed outdoor events
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Throughout the year:
- Be the main point of contact for participants – manage the specific event inbox and chat, answer and return calls, reply to participant emails and answer queries.
- Support the Participants’ Relations team in managing participant relationships & collecting and collating participant information.
- Support the Participants’ Relations team in coordinating participant feedback and useful data to the wider team.
- Work on and maintain all of the participant information databases.
- Perform a limited number of financial operations such as arranging bank transfers, refunds, use of discount codes, manual checks, and post-event invoicing.
- Identify key prospects and build/maintain a strong relationship with a view to sell entries.
- Constantly strive to improve the participant experience – be attentive to participant needs and wants, and be creative in finding solutions.
- Support the Participants’ Relations team and Communications team in the preparation of rider/runner communications including for example the Newsletters, the Official Guide, the Relay Guide and the Rider’s/Runner’s
- Support the Participants’ Relations team with preparation of event materials (bibs, envelopes, meal cards, relay guides, bib vouchers and other documents).
- Support the Participants’ Relations team with the creation and administration of participant surveys.
- Support the Participants’ Relations team in the creation and implementation of new registration forms.
- Support the planning of on-event services.
- Support other Participants’ Relations team members when needed with other events’ inbox management and participant services.
- Lead other small individual projects as assigned by the Marketing & Sales Entry Director .
- Support the Participants’ Relations team in the daily management of the Participants’ Relations interns.
- Attend promo tours and other rider/runner events periodically.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Continue to be the main point of contact for participants on-event – welcoming participants and guests and providing support on any questions they may have, including solving registration problems.
- Escalate issues to the Marketing & Sales Entry Director / Event Director if needed.
- Participate in daily briefings with the Participants’ Relations team, and be an integral part of the team.
- Support on-event logistics to ensure optimum participant experience (info point, bib pick-up, participant briefings and any other tasks as needed).
- Lead and manage Participants’ Relations volunteers if applicable.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Note: this role requires travel to events.
- Swiss or EU national essential
- Passion for running / triathlon / cycling and endurance sports in general
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English and French (either native or strong command) is mandatory, any additional European languages would be an asset (German, Spanish, Italian)
- Relevant experience with a proven track record on delivering high-calibre client services
- Ability to work on-site at events throughout the year and an appetite for travel essential
- Strong understanding of and experience in delivering great client experiences
- Commercially astute
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (excel in particular), and database management software, CRM software
- Ability to analyse client sales activity and identify account growth opportunities
- Ability to work effectively within a team, plus co-ordinate with external suppliers
- Good reporting skills
- Ability and experience of working within different cultures
- Determined and resourceful
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Be used to a ‘project’ based lifestyle
- Full Driving license is essential
How to apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video.
- FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
- SWISS/EU NATIONAL
- FLUENT IN FRENCH & ENGLISH
- FULL DRIVING LICENCE
- FREQUENT EUROPEAN TRAVEL