OC SPORT OVERVIEW
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports, especially in running, cycling and triathlons. The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from bases in Switzerland, France, the UK and Singapore, OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights-holder.
The Client Sales & Services Assistant will be working across the following events, within our Outdoor Sports team:
Harmony Geneva Marathon for UNICEF 2018
Cycling for Children by UNICEF 2018
La Tour Geneva Triathlon 2018
Possibly other events
The role will encompass the following tasks:
– Provide support to participants
– manage the specific event inbox, answer and return calls, reply to participant emails and answer queries
– Assist with the management of the registration platform
– Assist with the development of participant communication tools (participant’s guide / newsletters / social media…)
– Attend promo tours and other rider/runner events periodically
– Assist with the preparation of presentations, printing and postage
– Work on and maintain all of the client information databases
– Support the Customer Sales & Services team with preparation of event materials
– Attend events and continue to be the point of contact for clients – welcoming clients and providing support on any questions they may have
– Support on-event logistics to ensure optimum client experience (info point, bib pick-up, briefings, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks as and when required.
This role requires travel to national and international events.
Fluent in French and English preferred and ideally in German
An interest in Outdoor Sports, especially running and triathlon
Excellent organisational skills
Excellent communication skills
Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Willingness to learn
Flexible approach to problem solving
Ability to remain effective and calm whilst working under pressure
A dedicated and enthusiastic approach
Ability to work on-site at events throughout the contract
Excellent database skills
Knowledge of Microsoft programmes essential (familiarity with Mac beneficial)
Driving Licence Mandatory
TERMS FOR THE ROLE
Applicants MUST have a University/School agreement such as “convention de stage” during the entire duration of the internship
Monthly allowance: 800CHF (gross – before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance, etc.)
Holidays: 10 working days for a 6-months internship.
Benefits: OC Sport sponsor the full cost of a half card CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on all Swiss public transport (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland) .
Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm. During busy periods you may be expected to work evenings and weekends.
Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current policies.
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about yourself:
Give us an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service
Give us an example of a time when you demonstrated your team spirit attitude
What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs are you involved in?
Applicants without a School Agreement will not be considered.
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video