OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specializing in professional sailing and outdoor events (road running, trail running, triathlon and amateur cycling). The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from offices in Switzerland, France, the UK, the USA and China, OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights holder. OC Sport also manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to global brands, host venues and event organizers. Every year, OC Sport’s international team organizes 200+ days of competition across 25 events and 5 continents.
The Marketing Manager / Director will work across the following outdoor events:
Haute Route Cycling Series: conceived in 2010, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the best cyclosportive experience, over 3 or 7 consecutive days, across the world’s most iconic destinations. 11 Haute Route events will be organised in 2018: San Francisco, Asheville, Stelvio, Rockies, Alpe d’Huez, Norway, Pyrenees, Alps, Dolomites, Utah and Ventoux. The Haute Route Cycling Series will be the primary focus for the Marketing team.
Other Outdoor Events: a growing portfolio that includes market-leading running and trail running events, as well as triathlons: UTMB International, Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef, French Riviera Marathon (Nice-Cannes), La Tour Geneva Triathlon, Geneva 20 Km by Genève Aéroport, Cycling for Children by Unicef. A specific marketing organisation may be implemented in the coming months for these non-cycling events (tbc).
The Swiss company of OC Sport is seeking to appoint an experienced Marketing Manager / Director (exact job title to be confirmed, according to experience) for its portfolio of Outdoor Events, and primarily those organised in Europe. The role will join a growing team servicing the marketing, promotion and participant entry sales objectives of each event.
The Marketing Manager / Director will have a strong marketing expertise, be able to develop and implement pre-sale (participant entry sale) marketing strategies. Ideally the Marketing Manager / Director will have an in-depth knowledge of the endurance sports industry.
The Marketing Manager / Director will report directly to the Outdoor Events Director, and will manage the Swiss-based Marketing Team (social & digital, on-the-ground marketing, PR & Media). She/he will work in close collaboration with the Swiss-based Communications Team, the Data Analyst and the other Marcomms teams based outside of Europe.
The position is a full time role based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
The Marketing Manager / Director will work with a primary focus on participants sales for the Haute Route Cycling Series, acting operationally in Europe and non-operationally outside of Europe.
The role will encompass, but will not be restricted to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead, manage and/or guide the Marketing Teams to make sure objectives are reached
• Be responsible for all marketing budgets (marketing spend, participant entry sales)
• Manage the entire participant entry sales process (product, promotion, sale) and develop / implement creative pre-sale marketing strategies and action plans
• Use creative thinking, research and benchmark to constantly refresh and improve OC Sport value proposition for participants
• Act as the main contact for difficult enquiries and key marketing-related decisions
• Review, analyze and report on all marketing activities, measure ROI and trends to direct future activities
WHAT IS “MARKETING” IN OUR CONTEXT?
The Marketing perimeter covers the following aspects:
• Analyze the participants demand and market evolutions (support from Data Analyst)
• Adjust the participant packages (pricing, services, experience, innovations)
• Manage the event brands (visual identity, positioning, key messages)
• Increase the participants’ retention rate, especially by using a CRM approach
• Drive new participants sales through all channels: PR, community & social media management, digital & traditional media partnerships, on-the-ground activations
• Maximize media coverage and increase distribution in key markets
• Swiss or EU National
• Fluency in English and French (either native or strong command) is mandatory, any additional European languages would be an asset (German, Spanish, Italian)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a results driven marketing and sales role with a proven track record of delivering successful campaigns
• Ability to lead a team and empower people in a highly competitive environment
• Ability to find solutions and act with tact in a high pressure environment
• Excellent reporting, performance analysis and budget management skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage time effectively
• Ability to think strategically, to innovate and to focus on results delivery
• Willingness to work on-site at events throughout the year and appetite for travel
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and the ability to work closely with a multi-cultural team, based across different locations
• Excellent knowledge of sports marketing in general and particularly endurance sports
• Full Driving license is mandatory
How to Apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
What is your proudest achievement?
What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video