Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all
international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing,
Driving and Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the
regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and
Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI
equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart
of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 133 members of National Federations and there are over 4,000
international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI
series. Over 90,000 riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as
Over 85 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport
continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the
international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of
equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
Purpose of the Role
The FEI is looking for a full-time Manager for its Commercial Department. Reporting to
the Commercial Director, the candidate will manage a small team composed of two junior
managers and an external consultant.
The selected candidate will be responsible to ensure effective operations at FEI Events in
relation to the delivery of marketing rights, host broadcast and broadcast production, onsite
merchandizing and event branding.
The position is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, with an immediate start date.
Planning and reporting
– Manage the host agreements with Organising Committees and National Federations
to ensure the implementation of commercial and broadcast rights at FEI Events
– Prepare a commercial operation plan for each FEI competition and align with Event
Organizer and other relevant parties for effective delivery
– Prepare post-event reporting for each of the relevant FEI Events and share the
reporting with the relevant stakeholders, e.g. sponsors and event organizers
– Ensure an effective commercial evaluation of FEI Named Events against consistent
and standardized criteria
– Tracking and monitoring the allocated budget for relevant FEI Events
– Coordinate and manage the commercial aspects of the various FEI Bidding processes
– Oversee the implementation of the sponsor rights delivery for the various FEI Events
– Oversee the approvals for all relevant sponsor activation and branding at FEI events
– Liaise with and support the Event Organizer on various marketing related activities
including hospitality, ticketing, trade stands, event communication, competition
schedule and timetables, prize-giving protocols, opening and closing ceremonies,
branding layout and set-up, etc.
– Liaise with the other departments of the FEI in relation to sponsors’ rights delivery
– Oversee the on-site event management related to all commercial activities
– In close coordination with the Senior Manager Broadcast, oversee the delivery of the
Host Broadcast Services and ensure these are in accordance with the Hosting
– Liaise with the onsite production to ensure effective delivery of the FEI broadcast
production at the FEI Events.
– Plan FEI related merchandizing activities with the Event Organizers
– Oversee the implementation of any FEI Merchandizing at FEI Events
– Oversee the design, production, storage, maintenance, transportation and delivery of
FEI branded materials through the relevant FEI suppliers
– Oversee the implementation of all FEI and FEI Sponsor branding at FEI named
– Assess opportunities at Events for increased FEI brand exposure
– Align with Event Organizing Committees for branding opportunities in the build-up of
the event, during and after the event
– Master degree in business and/or marketing
– Perfect fluency in English, additional language an asset
– 5 years of relevant experience in the sport marketing industry
– On-site venue management experience and challenge solving attitude
– Excellent communication skills
– Team player with the ability to build good relationships with external parties and
– Ability to deliver to strict deadlines and to handle high pressure situations
– Close attention to detail and accuracy
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Pack Office
– 25-40% travel required, including weekends
– Experience in equestrian is a plus
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity within an International Sports
Federation, please send your complete application here by
Tuesday 20 February 2018.