Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all
international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing,
Driving and Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the
regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and
Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI
equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart
of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 133 members of National Federations and there are over 4,000
international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI
series. Over 90,000 riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as
Over 85 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport
continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the
international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of
equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
The FEI Legal Department is currently looking for a Junior Legal Counsel. The role is
based in Lausanne with an immediate start date. The candidate will work 80 to 100%
and will report directly to the Deputy Legal Director.
Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will provide legal support to all FEI Departments and
stakeholders. Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a large numbers of agreements will be
the main responsibilities of the retained candidate.
– To draft, negotiate, and review a wide range of contracts related mainly to
sponsorship, broadcast, licensing, communications
– Manage the FEI Named-Events Bid Processes and the drafting of Host Agreements
– Servicing legal needs of any FEI Department as well as the National Federations and
– To provide support in the FEI Rules revision process
– To provide general support within the Legal department, such as anti-doping matters
– Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor/(Master) degree in Law
• Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience as a qualified lawyer in the required core areas
• Excellent drafting skills
• Fluent in English (English mother tongue preferable), fluency in French or any other
languages is a plus
• Excellent command of MS Office
• Strong organizational, communication and relationship-building skills
• Team player who is self-motivated, responsible and can work autonomously
• Experience of sport law is a plus
Interested by this challenging entry level position? Just send your application here