Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all
international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving and
Para-Equestrian Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and
approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well
as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI
equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all
Today, the FEI has 133 members of National Federations and there are over 4,000 international
events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 90,000
riders and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 90 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues
to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
The FEI is looking for a Head of FEI Officials education with 100% rate of activity. The position
is based in Lausanne and is available immediately.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Secretary General, the ideal candidate will manage all activities related to FEI
– Support the functioning of the FEI Officials Working Group.
– Develop and ensure the implementation of the Officials Working Group recommendations
together with the IT Department, Education Department, the relevant Sport Departments
and Veterinary Department.
– Responsible, in cooperation with the FEI Sport Departments, for quality control of all FEI
– Implement and monitor a system for FEI Officials’ evaluation, promotion and removal.
– Collaborate with the Head of Education on new and existing education systems for FEI
Officials, in cooperation with the relevant Department Directors and Technical
– Develop, monitor and maintain the quality of the Rolling Education Calendar and the
Course Director Education programme.
– Administer the Officials Development Pool and Travel budgets.
– Monitor adherence within all disciplines and departments to the principles of Officials
Rotation and Appointment.
– Preparation and direction of a variety of official correspondence and reports.
– Preparation and delivery of presentations.
– Preparation of related budgets and operational needs.
– Prioritisation and allocation of available resources and monitoring day-to-day operations.
– Revision and evaluation of service delivery.
– Significant experience in equestrian sport, whether as athlete, coach, event organizer or
– Proven management skills.
– Ability to deliver to strict deadlines and to handle high pressure situations with poise and
– Excellent communication and presentation skills.
– Perfectly fluent in English. Other languages a plus.
– Good team player.
You want to apply for this job and set the odds in your favor ?
Contact us for a coaching on your cv and application letter : firstname.lastname@example.org