Work closely to support all the activities of the media, communication and marketing team. This in-house team delivers a professional communications service including: PR, media liaison & communication, marketing, production of media & marketing materials, social media, website maintenance & content, distribution of digital content, database management and media monitoring & evaluation.
Marketing & Communications Assistants work closely to support all the activities of the media, communication and marketing team. This in-house team delivers a professional communications service including: PR, media liaison & communication, marketing, production of media & marketing materials, social media, website maintenance & content, distribution of digital content, database management and media monitoring & evaluation. Ideal candidates will be creative and have a real passion for a career in communications or marketing as evidenced in academic studies, experience or interests.
This position holds a fair degree of responsibility and you will be expected to carry out the work requested proactively and efficiently.
Key Responsibilities of this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Processing mail outs and distribution of content (public/media) eg press releases and participants newsletters
- Updating and maintaining mail-out lists (media/public/competitors/other) including unsubscribes
- Media accreditation & processing (DME/Filemaker)
- Uploading content to our website and to the DME (Digital Media Exchange)
- Coding/logging of media coverage for evaluation reports
- Assist in producing media reports
- Assist in the production and distribution of hard copy mail-outs
- Assist in production and distribution of participant’s event guides
- Arranging travel and accommodation for media representatives at events
- Supporting the strategy & planning across all communications and PR
- Supporting all social media and marketing activity
- Translation of content from English to French, or French to English
Experience will include:
- Must be a EU or Swiss national or have a relevant work permit.
- A real passion for a career in marketing or communications as evidenced in academic studies, previous experience or interests.
- Good creative writing skills with the desire to develop those skills working alongside the current media team.
- A desire to learn, develop a greater understanding of marketing, media communications and PR, and be able to take on more responsibility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office packages and understanding the necessity to undertake database work and content processing.
- A good working knowledge of social media is beneficial, along with a knowledge/interest in websites (including Content Management Systems).
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and confident in liaising effectively with both internal and external parties.
- You must be fluent in English and French
- A love of sport and outdoor events is a must with knowledge of running, cycling or triathlon an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel (the Haute Route events entail over 3 weeks away from the office from mid August until early September)
- 1st June 2018 – 31st November 2018
- “Convention de stage” or formal agreement through your educational provider is MANDATORY
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross – before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc)
- 10 vacation days for a 6-month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about yourself:
- Give us an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service
- Give us an example of a time when you demonstrated your team spirit attitude
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs are you involved in?
Applicants without a School Agreement will not be considered.
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video.
- INTERNSHIP 1ST JUNE – 31ST NOVEMBER 2018
- EU/SWISS NATIONAL
- FLUENT FRENCH & ENGLISH
- DRIVING LICENCE MANDATORY